Monday, December 1, 2008

Car Seat Covers




I made a super cute car seat cover for my girlfriend Amy. She's just had a precious little boy and was looking for one with the face flap, which they couldn't find. So I offered to make her one. Let me just tell you that I was unprepared with what I was doing! I had no idea what the measurements would be and nothing to compare it to... for some reason I sold my infant car seat (why?)! So I called her up and asked her for the measurements, lenth and width of the car seat. Then I bought her husbands favorite sports team (Chicago Bears), fleece material and managed to put one together. My biggest fear was that I made it too small. I prayed and prayed that it would fit, (cause let me be honest, I hate making mistakes!) and guess what? To my complete surprise and excitement it fit! I wished I had a camera, but I didn't.. and so low and behold I am just using someone else's picture of their store bought car seat cover.

So if you are looking for something to cover your baby up with on those cold trips to the store or Grandma's house, ask me to special make you a car seat cover, cost is roughly $25.

And since I have some left over material I plan to make cute little hats for her boys, (hubby and sons!)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails